Challenge #1 had low participation, uh oh! If the team wants to lose focus this early into the game, we're going to have some interesting live updates on the day of the actual event. Speaking of which, this event will be in the dead heat of the summer. Conditioning oneself to battle the elements and endure the heat is critical to successfully taking on events both hot and cold. This next challenge will tackle training in the extreme heat of the summer, so make sure you've got plenty of water! Here are the rules:
- You must run a six mile run between the hours of 8am and 7pm.
- Having a hydration source is mandatory. You can do this by having a hydration pack or thorough a park with drinking fountains.
- No treadmills. Sorry.
- If you're too hot and need to bow out of the challenge, this is okay. Remember these are optional.
- Run must be logged at an average of 9:40/mi or better.
- Completion results in 2 points!
- Due 11:59pm on Monday, June 29th.
Understand that the T3 is going to be HOT. Statistically, the summer T3s have a higher DNF rate due to heat exhaustion. Hopefully the constant immersion in the cold spring water will help regulate everyone's body temperature, but there will be no liquid mercy during Lap 2's six mile trail run. Each runner during the T3 will have to have a hydration source and a form of identification/emergency contact on them at all times during this run. The T3 will be rough, but it is not the cadre's goal to crush you. There is no training value in that.